Testing a VPN gateway

Hello Gurus,

I am a networking newbie working on a task to upgrade an exisiting VPN gatreway. I have finished configuring the new VPN gateway and now I need to test it.

I am assuming that there would be a clash if call my new VPN with the same peer name as the current one. Currently they have different peer names and different IP addresses, everything else is similar.

In this scenario, what is good approach for testing.

Thank you Ankit Parikh

Reply to
apsolar
Loading thread data ...

I take you have a laptop or something with a software VPN client?

If so and your laptop is connected to your local network, disable the NIC, and use a dial-up Internet account if you have one.

This is the easiest way I know.

moncho

Reply to
moncho

hello moncho,

could you help me with this query. Here's the scenario: I have a VPN gateway at a remote site which I would call as C. There are two VPN gatewy's A and B at my current site. B is the main gateway and A is a backup in case B fails. I have setup Site-to-Site Tunnels on all these gatewyas with appropriate security associations. I am using the IPSEc security profile. C has tunnels to both A and B.B tunnel has metric 0 and A has metric on

1. B has a tunnel to C and knows that its failover option is A. I have tested the tunnels manually and they seem to work fine. My question to you guys, Currenlty I setup a static route on the core at the current site to route all traffic to C through VPN gateway B. In

case of B failing, I will have to manually change this route to go through VPN A. Is there a way by which I could automate this routing change? I am using Shiva 3115 VPN gateways and they have an option to configure

OSPF. Do I need to setup dynamic rout> > Hello Gurus,

Reply to
apsolar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.