supplied user name and password in the *.pcf file, but the vpnclient wants me to enter user name and password manually

Folks,

I want to log into the VPN automatically (and periodically) from the script. I though that if I put the user name and password into the

*.pcf file, the vpnclient will not ask for the manual entry of the user name and password. So, I have modified the *.pcf file accordingly: [main] Description=[description] Host=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX AuthType=1 GroupName=3D-P GroupPwd= enc_GroupPwd=[long string of hex] EnableISPConnect=0 ISPConnectType=0 ISPConnect=VPN - XXXX ISPPhonebook=C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Network\\Connections\\Pbk\\rasphone.pbk ISPCommand= Username=valid user name that works, when entered manually SaveUserPassword=0 UserPassword=valid password that works, when entered manually enc_UserPassword= NTDomain= EnableBackup=0 BackupServer= EnableMSLogon=1 MSLogonType=0 EnableNat=1 TunnelingMode=0 TcpTunnelingPort=10000 CertStore=0 CertName= CertPath= CertSubjectName= CertSerialHash=00000000000000000000000000000000 SendCertChain=0 PeerTimeout=90 EnableLocalLAN=1

It didn't work: the vpnclient still wants me to enter the user name and password manually. What have I done wrond? What am I missing?

Thanks! Nick

Reply to
reconvolution
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.