RVS4000 QuickVPN setup

Dear All,

We have a Linksys RVS4000 VPN router running on our system. We have an AT&T radio modem with associated phone system. We're using a dyndns account as we have a dynamic IP from AT&T, for which we've configured the router. The system is wired with the phone adaptor between the router and the modem (is this correct?). The dyndns server does tell us that the IP has been updated every few hours, so we have to assume that dyndns and the router are talking correctly.

From remote locations using QuickVPN we get the standard non-

connection message:

Failed to establish connection This could be caused by one of the following:

1. Incorrect Password
  2. No valid IP address for the network card
  3. Incorrect server address
  4. You may need to disable your firewall

I've ruled out 1 and 4. I'm using the correct dyndns name, so that should rule out 3. I'm not sure what point 2 means, which card it is refering to. I've also tried pinging our dyndns address and the IP direct, which has always timed out.

My questions are:

Any ideas? Do I need to change the location of the phone connector in the system? Are there dyndns settings I'm missing? Is there any significance to the pings not returning?

Thanks all!

T.

Reply to
t_p_paterson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.