Re: Project for hotel security -- might be something for CHA gurus

Robert, Check out the March issue of Wired Magazine. While it's probably more than the hotel wants to spend, there's an article about a product specifically designed to address the boredom factor. Here's a link to the article:

formatting link

I received a call from a hotelier this morning. > He has an interesting problem which I > thought I'd run by the newsgroup. The hotel > has cameras in all the hallways to protect > guests from intruders (or other guests?). > > The cameras are monitored at a security desk. > The problem is security people get bored > staring at a monitor and may not be looking > when something bad happens. > > In a hotel hallway the sound level is usually > quite low -- typically >30dB. They would like > to install a system to detect audio above a > threshold. They don't want to monitor or > record conversations -- just activate a flashing > light at the security desk if there is a scream or > any noise above a given threshold in the > hallways. > > This should be simple enough. I don't happen > to know of a ready-made hardware device that > would work as the sensor. If any of you have > done this or something similar I'd appreciate > your suggestions, which I will pass along to > the gentleman. > > Thanks in advance. > > -- > > Regards, > Robert L Bass > > =============================> > Bass Home Electronics > 2291 Pine View Circle > Sarasota · Florida · 34231 > 877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support >
formatting link
=============================>
Reply to
BruceR
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.