No taskbar icon after connecting VPN

This problem started recently, and now affects two PCs, Windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP Home Edition.

I have VPN set to display an icon on the taskbar when connected, but this no longer appears, nor does the "bubble" telling me that I am connected. Right clicking on the VPN connection from network connections (control panel) offers only the connect option (which does nothing) so I can't disconnect it without logging off. On one PC the VPN icon now appears when I log back on (XP), but VPN isn't connected. Right clicking on the icon offers only the disconnect option, which not surprisingly does nothing. So I have to reboot if I want to conenct again. On the other PC the VPN icon does not appear, but when I connect to VPN again I have the same problem as before.

I run BOINC (Seti and Climate Prediction) on these PCs. It may or may not be a coincidence that this problem appears to have started after a BOINC upgrade.

Any suggestions please?

Brian

Reply to
BrianW
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.