Newbie - Firewall and NetBIOS problems on a simple VPN connection.

Hi, I'm trying to connect to my home network (peer-to-peer) using a PPTP VPN connection through a US Robotics router. My Windows XP (where VPN server resides) has a static IP while the other two PC on my home network get IP the address via DHCP. No DNS. Every Workstation and Laptop has its own firewall. I want to ask if the VPN adaptors have to have IP addresses on the same network with my internal LAN or my VPN server is somehow bridged to my network adaptor in Windows XP? It also seems that NetBIOS names do not resolv correctly as I cannot browse the network by names. I have no WINS server. Last question: what ports do I have to open on my local firewalls apart 1723 in order to be able to browse the network? My VPN server adaptor on the Windows XP Pro machine doesn't show up in Sygate firewall while the other phisical adaptors do. Julian

Reply to
Julian
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.