Netopia R910 Router - Router VPN: Can't PING Remote PC

I have set up a VPN (PPTP) Tunnel between two Netopia R910 routers located at a client's main office and the remote office. The main office has a static IP address (public).

The network IP of the main office is 192.168.1.0 and the remote office is 192.168.2.0. There is a PC connected to each router directly (192.168.1.252 and 192.168.2.2). Each router is plugged into the LAN with an Ethernet cable connecting it to the local switch/hub.

When the tunnel is initiated, I can ping the PC's directly attached to the routers on both endpoints, but I cannot PING ANY of the PCs on the LAN at either location.

Can someone help me here? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Reply to
y2kdad
Loading thread data ...

Are the PC's on the LAN using the router as their default gateway? Do you have any other routers? Is the router plugged in to the LAN? Is that port showing a link or do you need to put it into a crossover port or use a crossover cable? Is the IP of the router conflicting with anything? Can users on the LAN ping their local router? And what are you using to assign addresses to your computers?

Reply to
Mike Drechsler - SPAM PROTECTE

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.