Netgear vpn client

Hello all, I apoligize if multiple posts show up. I've waited 24 hours and my original 2 have not shown up.....anyway..............

I have a Netgear Prosafe wireless vpn firewall fvg318. I would like to set up a vpn so I can connect to my home network with a laptop that I take on the road. Do I have to use the Netgear VPN client package ($60 a license)? I was hoping to just use the XP vpn client setup, but I can't get it to work.

Thanks!

Reply to
Japhy
Loading thread data ...

Japhy schrieb:

You need the Netgear Client (or any other IPSec client).

Mirko

Reply to
Mirko Kulpa

Is the Netgear VPN Client decent? Any comments?

"Single user ProSafe VPN Client software included VPN01L."

Does that mean I can only install a single copy? Or I can only have a single VPN session connected?

Thanks, Scott

Mirko Kulpa wrote: >

Reply to
Scott Moseman

Netgear tells me I would only get 1 client installation. I can understand 1 client *connection* limit, but having a single client installation limit seems really limiting.

At least this is true for the product I checked (FVS124G). I guess I cannot vouch for any of their other VPN devices.

Thanks, Scott

Scott Moseman wrote: >

Reply to
Scott Moseman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.