Netgear ProSafe VPN Firewall FVS318

I'm trying to setup a VPN tunnel with a class A subnet (10.4.x.x) on one end and a Class C subnet (192.168.x..x) on the other end with 2 Netgear FVS318 boxes. I tried but was unable to make it work. I also tried to create a VPN tunnel with a Class A subnets on both endpoints but was unsuccessful. I was only able to create a VPN tunnel with two

192.168.x.x end points.

Is it even possible to create a VPN tunnel with a class A subnet on either end or on both ends??? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
kqueue2005
Loading thread data ...

According to the documentation the router supports nat for up to 253 users, so class c is the largest subnet size it supports I guess. Could you not just subnet down the 10 network to a class c with a

255.255.255.0 mask ? simon
Reply to
Simon

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately that was not the solution. I found out the answer after further testing.

A VPN tunnel can be created from a class A subnet (10.4.x.x) to a class C subnet (192.168.x.x) or Class A on both ends. What needs to be done first before a connection can be established was to initiate the connection with a ping request to the other remote private subnet using the local VPN router's diagnostic tool (ping).

Sim> > I'm trying to setup a VPN tunnel with a class A subnet (10.4.x.x) on

Reply to
kqueue

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.