Need VPN advice for connecting two offices

Hello. I have a client that currently uses a Cisco VPN 3005 concentrator. Remote employees use the Cisco VPN client to connect to the concentrator and access servers on the company's LAN. They have been using this setup for many years and it works great. My client has recently purchased another company 3,000 miles away. This second company accesses the Internet via DSL and does have a range of available public IPs. They currently have no remote employees but that will soon change. My client would like to setup a VPN solution at the second company that is similar to the parent company. They will be adding remote employees and want those remote employees to be able to VPN in just like the parent company's employees do. Also, in the near future, they would like to do a site-to-site VPN between the two companies. They have not bought Cisco VPN hardware in many years so my primary question is what should they purchase for the second company. Like I said earlier they want to accomplish two things:

1. Remote employees of the second company should be able to VPN in and access servers on the second company's network.
  2. The new Cisco VPN appliance in the second office will need to be linked to the current Cisco 3005 VPN concentrator at the parent company.

Could someone please give me some advice on what Cisco appliance to purchase in order to accomplish this? The second company will consist of about 20 employees and a few remote employees. Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Corbin O'Reilly
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.