Need assistance with Cisco VPN client and Linux FC4

I need someone with Linux and Cisco VPN expertise to help me work out why the client can fails more often than not to reconnect to the same host. Debug logs are not particularly helpful put would appear to indicate that IKE can not send to the remote gateway.

Direct contact would be appreciated, please email me.

TIA.

Reply to
godzone
Loading thread data ...

Since the OP was only interested in helping himself and not letting the group see the answers, I would appreciate any words on this, since I'm trying to get this same type of thing going. No specific question yet, the module load didn't seem to set the routing right, but I'm just getting started in my spare time.

If you don't want to share the answers please keep the question out of the group as well, googling for information is a good way to share knowledge.

Reply to
Bill Davidsen

I got no replies from anyone :-(

In the end I gave up with the VPN client on FC4, simply could not get it working reliably. However, for my project I backed out to FC3 and all the VPN problems went away. My conclusion - there is a binary incompatibility with the Cisco binaries, compiled with gcc 3.95 and the libraries on FC4 compiled with gcc4.0

I had no intention of keeping any answers to myself. I am a great believer in 'the common knowledge'. I was anticipating having to send debug files etc and posting such things to a group isn't a good idea. Had I got to the bottom of the problem with help from someone in this group, I would have posted a summary of activity.

Reply to
godzone

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.