multiple vpns through a wireless router getting disconnected

Me and my roomate are trying to connect to work (we work in the same company) through cisco vpn. We each have secure id tags and are using a DLINK DI-524 wireless router. The thing is when both of us try to connect at the same time one of our connections gets disconnected while the other persons gets through. Could someone tell me how to overcome this problem. Is there a router there which would support this kind of a connections. Thanks Karthik

Reply to
ksundara
Loading thread data ...

Your remote end doesn't like 2 VPN connections from the SAME IP Address. You will need to do 1 of a couple things. Get a router or firewall that can establish a point to point vpn tunnel with your work or get a 2nd IP address to use. Getting a 2nd IP might mean getting a 2nd Dlink or similar router. I'm sure there are other solutions too.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Kirk Goins

Is it possible to connect through to different routers to the same cable modem. How do I look for a router that would establish a point to point vpn. Is this something I need to do with the router to get it setup or from the software. Thanks Karthik

Reply to
ksundara

It is possible...

To use your PC based SW.. #1 The cable modem would need to be set as strictly as a modem. This is sometimes called transparent mode or bridging.

#2 Your provider would need to give you at least 2 IP Addresses.

#3 If the cable modem includes a 4 port sw then you would plug each if the routers into the modem. If not, then a small hub or switch would be needed between the modem and the routers.

#4 You would a buy a 2nd Dlink or whatever and Configure both with the Static IP addresses your ISP gave you.

If you want a single router doing a point to point (site to site) tunnel then would depend on what your employer uses at their end. There are several different flavors/types of VPN sw and not all are compatible with each other.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Kirk Goins

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.