How To VPN Question

The company I work for allows me to connect to our network via Cisco VPN. Currently, the client configuration is a split tunnel allowing me a secured connection back to the office but still allowing me to use my own internet provider for general browsing, email, etc. The problem I am faced with is that in a few weeks, the client software will change and will no longer offer the split tunnel. With the split tunnel gone when I am connected to the company I can only communicate with assets on the corporate LAN. I have been told that there is something that can be done to configure the browser to work off the company's internet feed but they have a content filter in place that block chat sites, news groups, forums, web mail and other sites that may or may not be risky.

What I would like to know is whether it is somehow possible to beat the system and still have a non-censored connection to the internet? The problem is that I run a small side business and I need to have access to my web mail account and the new configuration is going to block me from getting to my web mail account. I have a second NIC card available if I needed it but I'm a bit confused as to how I could set the browser up to only use a specific IP.

Any help would be appreciated

Reply to
W C Hull
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

2nd PC and a router (if needed) to allow them both to be used seems like an easier option, compared to the various ideas that went through my head in order to get round it. I'd like to hear some suggestions though. simon
Reply to
Simon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.