help with VPN options?

I want to set up a VPN from my home to my business. I want to be able to use an IP phone extension and access my network. Is there a hardware VPN that would let me have 2 IP addresses on 2 seperate network jacks? "one for the computer and one for the IP phone system" I have also been toying with the idea of a wireless bridge from my office to my home. But I have several trees that block a clear line of sight view. Im not sure how well wireless would work in that situation.

James

Reply to
James
Loading thread data ...

Hi James, Yes, hardware vpn routers can setup routed connections between 2 locations, so that all resources on each end of the link are accesible. Just make sure each end has a different subnet apart from the normal

192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 - ie make the other end 192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0 I just posted a request for some low cost options to do just this. Simon
Reply to
Simon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.