Help Urgently Needed!!!

Hi,

We have a situation and have run out of ideas! The Situation.

The main Office network is a large network consisting of about 30 servers, Microsoft and a few Netware, with a PIX firewall. Many users log in from home dial up and VPN. I am having particular problems with one user trying to VPN in. They have ADSL at home and a laptop running XP Pro. The VPN client can connect to the Firewall, yet cannot do anything within the network, ie ping anything! My laptop which can VPN in from my house ok will not VPN from the users and theres will VPN from my house. This would indicate a line issue, yet the user's husband can VPN into his work place with no problems.

I have spoke to the line providor and they say there are no issues with additional security on the line. I have also tried a different ADSL router and completely disabled all Firewalls, software and on the router, yet cannot make it happen.

Please can anyone help?? Thanks Karl

Reply to
Gunwind
Loading thread data ...

Check to see if the IP subnet of the home is the same as at work.

If there is a router, remove it and try connecting directly to the ADSL modem. If the router is built into the ADSL modem then use a plain bridge type modem if possible.

Reply to
Mike Drechsler - SPAM PROTECTE

IP subnet at home is on DHCP, when VPN client connects to Firewall it is given a valid work IP address, yet still wont ping anything.

I have tried both sole modem and combined router and makes no difference.

Any other ideas?

Reply to
Gunwind

But that does not answer the question he asked. Lets' rephrase it - The range of IP addresses that the DHCP server hands out - do they conflict with anything that mey be in teh routing tables back at the main site?

Reply to
T. Sean Weintz

OK. Then step one in the troubleshooting would be to put the laptop on the users DSL line without a router - just a dsl modem, load raspppoe on the laptop, and see if it works then.

If it does (and I bet it does!) you know the issue is with the routers (the original and the second one you tried)

Reply to
T. Sean Weintz

Thnx, will give it a go and let you know.

Cheers Karl

Reply to
Gunwind

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.