Gateway to Gateway VPN with RV042 routers - connection drops

Hello everyone. I haven't been able to find a solution to my vpn tunnel problem.

I have 1 RV042 at each end point. one runs on a static IP the other one uses DDNS. I setup a dedicated VPN tunnel between the two locations and can get it to connect. The problem is that the tunnel will disconnect after several minutes. If you choose the Keep Alive option it will reconnect, however the disconnection causes my file transfer/backup routine to fail. The error I get from my Smartsync software is "Network is no longer available." and the sync fails. I have heard this is due to MTU setting so I changed it on both routers (not my NIC) down to 1340. Still no luck.

I can connect to each router as a vpn client using quickvpn with relatively no problems thus far, except that connecting to the one with DDNS sometimes results in a disconnection if I leave it idle for any period of time.

What should I try to do? Thanks in advance for the help!

Reply to
Wintensive
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.