Event ID 2 reason-code 262 I cant authentica wifi users to widnows 2003 radius via Cisco 4400 Controller. Please help

The same setup has been working for 3 days. All of sudden, the user cannot authenticate. The user doesnt get prompted to enter username/domain when connecting to the wifi lan. What follows is the complete log of the error. There has been no changes to my setup. I am using a cisco 4400 controller and 1 LWAP access point by cicso. It connects to my radius server based on windows 2003

Please, any input in the matter is hjghly appreciated. I have been fighting with this for a few days and cannot get it resolved. Microsft knowledge base articles have not helped me any.

Server: Windows Server 2003 x64 SP1 or R2 Client: Windows XP Pro SP2 From time to time some of my XP SP2 clients fail to authenticate with IAS and thus end up working without WLAN. This is what I get in System log:

Event Type: Warning Event Source: IAS Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 2007.02.09 Time: 13:49:46 User: N/A Computer: server Description: User host/pc1.firm.com was denied access. Fully-Qualified-User-Name = firm.com/computers/pc1 NAS-IP-Address = 10.19.247.234 NAS-Identifier = FIRM Called-Station-Identifier = 00-18-FE-D0-B0-39 Calling-Station-Identifier = 00-90-4B-B9-D3-A8 Client-Friendly-Name = FIRM Client-IP-Address = 10.19.247.234 NAS-Port-Type = Wireless - IEEE 802.11 NAS-Port = 0 Proxy-Policy-Name = Use Windows authentication for all users Authentication-Provider = Windows Authentication-Server = Policy-Name = WLAN Authentication-Type = PEAP EAP-Type = Reason-Code = 262 Reason = The supplied message is incomplete. The signature was not verified.

Reply to
El CiD
Loading thread data ...

This will fix it.

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
  2. Double-click Network Connections.
  3. Right-click the connection that you use to connect to the Windows Server 2003-based computer, and then click Properties.
  4. On the Authentication tab, click Properties.
  5. Click to clear the Validate server certificate check box.
Reply to
brentbaxter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.