Connection Issues with VPN and SSH Tunnel

I'm getting a new smartphone soon and in preparation I'm trying to learn VPN and SSH tunneling to cloak my smartphone data. I'm practicing those technologies on my current elderly LG Vortex smartphone.

SSH tunneling works OK but I can't get any VPNs to work. Both torvpn and fastssh tunneling give me a different IP as expected. However, although I successfully connect to the cjb SSH tunnel, I can't see any web pages (or anything else Internet related). Before connecting I got a notice that there was a problem with the security certificate from that site. Is that a problem with cjb?

I configured a VPN to work on the Win8 VPN client but could not get it to work on the Android's native client. I couldn't get it to work on either WiFi or cellular data, or from a 3rd party Android VPN app. There is no firewall blocking that I am aware of. Am I missing a key or certificate configuration?

I was under the impression that if I add a VPN to my Android's hotspot app, it would provide cloaking not only to the Android but also to any devices connected to its hotspot. However, some VPN services mention that they offer a limited number of device connections. Do I connect the VPN to a hotspot to provide VPN to all devices, or must each device set up its own VPN client? Thanks.

Reply to
M.L.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.