Cisco VPN and wierd Wireless problem (one card works, other won't)

I have a strange problem and need help. I have a Linksys wireless access point (BEFW11S4) connected to a cable modem and in my laptop I have an older Linksys PCMCIA WPC11 ver 3.0 wireless-b card. Connects fine and access to internet is smooth. I have no problem connecting to company network via Cisco VPN 4.0.3.

The problem comes in when I try to use my new linksys wireless card (Wireless-G pcmcia card). Everything works great EXCEPT the VPN won't connect. I can't get it to work to save my life. I can walk over and plug a hardwired connection between the laptop and the router and VPN works fine.

As a test I grabbed a new Linksys Wireless-G (WRT54G) access point to see if that helped. Using the Wireless-G notebook adapter I have no problem with all internet access EXCEPT the VPN via wireless won't connect. I can walk over and plug a hardwired connection between the laptop and the router and VPN works fine.

What is wrong with the wireless such that it would work fine in all aspects except allow the VPN? No difference in the configs except I'm trying to use the newer Wireless-G notebook card.

thanks, russ

Reply to
Russ
Loading thread data ...

Maybe you have some kinda IP reservation for the WPC11 or port forwarding enabled?

Reply to
Nash Hon

Have you checked that the 'Deterministic Network Enhancer' service is bound to your wireless network settings. It is within the properties of the connection in the same place as the TCP/IP settings would be found.

This service adjusts the MTU of the VPN packets or else they would be too big and would get dropped.

It is possible that this service was not automatically selected when the new card was installed.

Regards,

Martin

Reply to
Martin Kayes

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.