Can't map local drives in VPN session

I can VPN in using the MS PPTP client to my W2K3 server (RRAS). I can map to the PPTP server's shares, no problem. But I cannot map drives from other machines on my LAN.

My PPTP ipconfig shows all is good I think... Internal LAN address assigned via DHCP Internal LAN dns servers assigned via DHCP

I can ping all machines on my LAN by Netbios name as well as FQDN (both internal and external (web)) I am in an AD environment.

But when I attempt to map a local LAN drive from a machine other than the PPTP server itself, I get a "network path not found" error.

What do I need to do to fix this?

-Frank

Reply to
Frankster
Loading thread data ...

Not a VPN problem. You are having troubles with Active Directory authentication.

Reply to
Mike Drechsler - SPAM PROTECTE

Well, this system has been running good for a few years now without any authentication errors. This includes remote domain logon to a Terminal Server. Also, the Kerio Winroute Network Firewall VPN client/server works fine, including mapping local LAN drives.

I don't believe I have a AD problem.

However, possibly I need to configure something in the PPTP client or server to authenticate against AD? Each machine has the same admin password locally as well as for the domain.

I did once try entering both userID and domain into the PPTP client logon. All went well. Logged in fine. But same results when attempting to map non-PPTP server drives across the LAN.

-Frank

Reply to
Frankster

How about a WINS server in the PPTP configuration? Do you have one?

Vikas

Reply to
Vikas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.