BEFVP41 V2 to W2K on intranet through gateway

Hi - long time now Linksys BEFVP41 discussion... I have a BEFVP with a public IP and ready to accept vpn connection from "any ip" (provided the pre-shared key is correct). Then I'm trying to access the BEFVP41 from an W2K box that is in a subnet, the gateway to the subnet is configured to pass through IPSec and PPTP but I can't get the connection working. tried evertything as described at linksys website

formatting link
*&p_li=&p_topview=1the difference to the article referred to above is that the W2K box is not on the WAN. (VPN works fine with two BEF routers, one BEF router may even be somwhere in a subnet and the other only have dynamic IP). thanks! andy

Reply to
andy_cha
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
*&p_li=&p_topview=1> the difference to the article referred to above is that the W2K box is

By "access the BEFVP41" do you mean bring up the router interface in a browser? Or, are you trying to make a VPN connection between two PC's on the same LAN?

Reply to
glgxg

formatting link
*&p_li=&p_topview=1> the difference to the article referred to above is that the W2K box is

Might be worth a look on the gateway the win2k box is behind and also configure port forwarding to the lan address of the win2k box for the ipsec protocols. simon

Reply to
Simon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.