API for Cisco VPN client?

Hello,

I'm not a regular here, but I've searched the archives and haven't found what we need. Maybe I'm looking for the wrong thing?

We have a number of database applications that connect to a database server over a VPN connection. We use Cisco VPN clients and the database is an IBM UniData product that runs on AIX. Locally, we use a mix of Windows and Linux. The VPN client works fine for our query prompt to UniData, which involves users sitting at the console running UniQuery statements by hand.

We also have a large volume of queries that run in the off hours with Perl scripts. These scripts use expect to connect via the Cisco VPN client. For reasons that I won't go into, we are in the process of rewriting the Perl scripts as Java. We have used a Java class, ExpectJ, which mimics Unix Expect, except it doesn't return the status codes, which creates a problem.

Question: does the Cisco VPN client have an API that I can use to programatically connect via Java? If so, where can I obtain the appropriate libraries or class files?

Thanks, CC.

Reply to
cartercc
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.