which one? cordless or Wi-Fi?

Well, we all know that the Internet phones are going wireless, as far as i'm concerned, two kinds are getting more and more popular, one is cordless handset, the other is Wi-Fi VOIP handset , To save money, voice over ip is essential and indispensable. Then i'm still wondering, how much do we need a Wi-Fi handset , when cordless ones being adequate in use? the former one definately have advantages over the latter one?

Reply to
qiaoqianapply
Loading thread data ...

I am a little confused by your question. Because Wi-Fi handset is also a cordless handset.

But the Wi-Fi handset do have some advantages compared to traditional ones. And its most oustanding advantage would be the speed of access into the network which is up to 11Mbps, so it can meet the substantial files transmition. Other than that, it can spread its signal to a further distance.

However in my opinion, the cordless DECT ip phones are ecential for your use which has less cost. You can find what you want at:

formatting link

Reply to
mypost001

I agree with your opinion.I prefer cordless handset to Wi-Fi handset ,however skill of cordless is more mature than latter one.but I think the products of siemens are too high ,I have seen that one DECT voip phone are just sold 75 dollars .It can save you a lot of money.

Reply to
yaoren51

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.