Voip on Lan

Hi! this is a VOIP group so I think this will not be an absurd question.

Our office is occupying three floors in a Building and I Just want to setup a VOIP that can contact the person in the third floor from the first floor with his PC Using my headset or USB Phone. Will there be someone here nice that can give instruction how to that or even web links that can guide me in doing this. I dont want to use skype because we are only connected to the internet on lunch breaks and snacks.

Thank you.

Reply to
llemm
Loading thread data ...

llemm schrieb:

I think that a server is always required. If you have one, I think software like Teamspeak or Asterisk could be worth a look.

Reply to
Hans Schlager

Try SJPhone, although proprietary, but free for download and use. This I think is sufficient for a few (may 10-20 or even more) PC-to-PC users on a LAN, need not setup and, or deploy any server. You will able call the users URI's e.g. sip:user@host, which are also easy to remember. The SJPhone can also host and manage small conference calls and will let you know the on-line users near and around you (same network).

Reply to
Balwinder S Dheeman

You should be able to do that with just free softphone VoIP such as Xten Lite, which can be downloaded free from sipgate.de /.at /.co.uk. Normally the calls would be routed via internet, but it's possible to call people via their IP numbers, so dialling #123*45*67*89# should ring on computer with IP 123.45.67.89 Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

If your PC is windows system, I suggest you can try miniSipServer. It is very easy to use.

Its website is

formatting link
In the website, there is a simple manual document, you can refer to it
formatting link
Good luck.

Reply to
Hongtian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.