VoIP occupying the soundcard??

Hi,

until recently I have been using only Netmeeting without major problems but now, after downloading Cubix softphone, it does not work properly any more: My partner hears me but I cannot hear him. I tried to uninstall Cubix and see what happens but it did not help, even the audio-test in NM does not work. The same problem occurs when I want to record something with XP's inbuilt program. I also tried Skype's echo - same thing, no sound. My guess is that Cubix occupied the soundcard and nothing else can use it now, so what can I do about this?

Thanks for any help!

Charlotte

Reply to
blank
Loading thread data ...

Try using System Restore to back up in time to before you installed the softphone.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Hi William,

thanks for your suggestion! I tried this but unfortunately it did not work. I also tried to download (English) Netmeeting but it keeps on telling me that "this version cannot be installed on this computer" (or the like). First I thought maybe it is because I have Czech XP Home and there seems to be no Czech version of NM available but on my other PC the English NM is working fine together with the German one so probably it is not a question of language. It's really strange...

Charlotte

William P.N. Smith wrote:

Reply to
blank

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.