VOIP application that can send audio file to POTS-receipient?

I am looking for an Internet Telephony application that can be used to send a previously recorded sound file to another phone (land line or cell phone).

Can anyone help?

Regards, Christian // Berlin // Germany.

Reply to
Christian Drewing
Loading thread data ...

You're looking for an auto-dialer that uses some form of Voip instead of landlines?

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts

Check into Pronexus.com. they have VOIP capabilities using Intel's HMP. I currently use their ISDN interface to make a few million calls a month. and am in the process of changing over to SIP.

If you are any type of VB programmer you can code the application yourself, if not you can purchase their autodialer application.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

Jonathan Roberts schrieb:

I am looking for some kind of dialer that can play a soundfile to a VOIP line. Normal land line (ISDN/analog) would be ok, too. But since I got rid of my old modem and ordered ADSL I have no phone at home instead of my cell phone.

If we come to a VOIP based solution, it should be able to call a standard telephone line.

So I am seeking for Skype with "Play .WAV" capabilities. ;-)

Reply to
Christian Drewing

An Asterisk PBX can do this. It may be overkill for what you want. Some links regarding this are:

formatting link
formatting link

Good luck!

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts

Not to forget

formatting link
and
formatting link
A book that I found helpful is "Asterisk: The Future of Telephony".

Not sure if this applies to your geography, but ViaTalk allows for broadcasting calls (up to 20 recipients, up to 10 times a month), but you have to record it with a handset.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Thomas

formatting link
>

formatting link

Reply to
Thomas

formatting link
>

Reply to
Usenet

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.