Tunnel Phone Line Over Internet

Does any vendor make a simple appliance that would tunnel a modem or phone line over the Internet? I have an older box that runs a real time OS that I cannot modify that needs to dial out by modem. I have the available phone trunk lines at a different physical location. I would like to tunnel the modem connections from the location with the older computer to the location that has the phone company trunk line, tunneling by TCP over the Internet.

There is no Windows computer at the sending or receiving end of this application. The device I am looking for would let you take a standard off-the-shelf analog phone and plug it in at one location and get dial tone from the trunk at the remote location, all invisibly to the phone (e.g., no special access codes for the outdialing device, just dial tone when going off hook).

Reply to
Will
Loading thread data ...

Digi makes single port terminal servers that can tunnel a serial port over the TCP/UDP and emulate a modem command set.

If your device has an embedded modem, you could use a SIP adapter with an uncompressed codec to deliver the data to you.

Good luck!

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.