The Empire Strikes Back: Vonage considering bankruptcy

formatting link
"Legal woes are forcing Vonage to look at its long-term options, which may include bankruptcy.

In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission Tuesday, the Internet phone service provider said the ongoing legal battles over patent disputes could eventually lead to liquidation of the company's assets under bankruptcy protection.

"We are, and may in the future be, subject to damaging and disruptive intellectual property litigation that could materially and adversely affect our business, results of operations and financial condition, as well as the continued viability of our company," Vonage said in the 10- K document."

-Ramon

Reply to
Ramon F Herrera
Loading thread data ...

__/ [ Ramon F Herrera ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 18:05 \\__

formatting link
formatting link

The company could be a victim of stupid patents. I thought about posting this yesterday, but it's really off-topic for c.o.l.a. It's an example of a company whose intellect is said to be stolen, so it falls victim to lawsuits. How about SCO? Well, they asked for it....

Reply to
Roy Schestowitz

I am pretty sure Microsoft is following the case.

-Ramon

Reply to
Ramon F Herrera

formatting link
formatting link

That would be great. I was wondering if we'd ever see the end of the extremely nauseating and stupid Vonage ads on TV.

Cheers.

Reply to
NoStop

__/ [ Ramon F Herrera ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 22:38 \\__

They could never pull that off with Linux though, because Linux isn't embodied in companies. If they dare to try to knock down companies, the whole world will turn against them.

Reply to
Roy Schestowitz

I'm with you on that one. The ads were really annoying and it is really hard to tell what sort of idiots they were targeted at.

But anyways, I don't think it's a battle won for Verizon. The Vonage customer base is not going to become Verizon's. It will be Comcasts - Verizon't most fierce competitor (at least in the North East). Additionally, it would be funny to see those two battle it out - Comcast vs. Verizon. I'm sure the telecom field is not going to be the same if this battle ever happens.

So, way to go, Verizon, pave the way for your worst competitor!

Reply to
telecom-gear.com

So, which providers *aren't* infringing on Verizon's patents? (on which there does actually seem to be some prior art)

Reply to
blitz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.