Switching to Sunrocket From Vonage

I plan on switching to Sunrocket from Vonage. Vonage has been pretty reliable, but I seem to have to reboot my ATA, Linksys RT31P2, every week or so to correct a problem, mostly people not hearing me on the phone. Also, I hate the way Vonage says it's $24.95 a month, and then my bill is $27.78. I know it's taxes and everything, but Sunrocket's price is all inclusive and much less.

Doing a quick search reveals some complaints about the service, but complainers always make more noise, I know I do. I'd love to hear about people's experience with Sunrocket, both positive and negative. Also, does anyone know anything about their financial strength? Thanks.

Reply to
BrianEWilliams
Loading thread data ...

I've been with them since inception and am quite pleased.

Few bumps along the way, but everyone has them...

Reply to
burris

After I posted, I found this:

formatting link
I appreciate your feedback, and I am still kicking around the idea of switching.

Reply to
BrianEWilliams

I started with Packet8 over a year back. They were absolutely impossible to communicate with in any form (not a language problem, a contact problem, voice, email, chat).

Packet8 service was very steady, good quality with rarely an outage.

I changed to Sunrocket ~2 months back. I have had steady problems with outages since. However, Sunrocket can be contacted and will assist with problems. However, they claim a QoS problem with my cable DSL, but I did not have the problem with Packet8?

Additionally with Sunrocket I cannot surf and use my telephone simultaneous.

I would not recommend either of the above companies.

I do not have the option of Vonage service at my address.

Reply to
Noname

I've had SR for more then a year. I never had other VOIP so I can compare. While I like the features for the price the service is not reliable. Unfortunately not many SR customers realize how unreliable it is because it often gives the standard busy signal when it's SR that can't complete call rather then recipient being on phone. Likewise I started paying closer attention to my voice mail date/time stamps. Realize calls sometime roll over to voice mail when I was in. Also have had people tell me they tried to call and just got what appeared to be dead line. (nervier rang or gave busy signal)

Terri S

Doing a quick search reveals some complaints about the service, but complainers always make more noise, I know I do. I'd love to hear about people's experience with Sunrocket, both positive and negative. Also, does anyone know anything about their financial strength? Thanks.

Reply to
Terry Smith

I might try SR as a second line, and then cancel within the 31 day no-risk period if the service is unreliable. Thanks for the feedback.

Reply to
BrianEWilliams

I have only had a problem in the begining, when my area was first set up with dsl and cable internet. I have had them for over a year and the service is great. I really don't have any complaints.

Reply to
adabristian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.