softphone with codec G.729 ?

Hi

Is there a softphone ( opensource, freeware, or trial version) with G.

729 codec ?
Reply to
mbm
Loading thread data ...

Thank you

Firefly

formatting link
seem to use SIP

Is there an IP phone speaking H.323 ?

Reply to
mbm

"Firefly" permits use of a G.729 codec built from 'evaluation' sources available on the 'net. I wrote a wiki entry on 'voip-info.org' some time ago describing the procedure to build and use G.729 with 'firefly'.

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

I presume that you are replying to this message:

Sorry, you didn't specify protocol in you O.P.; I only use SIP ;)

Michael

Reply to
msg

Finaly I found what I need

formatting link
Dialer is a state-of-the-art Voice Over IP softphone dialer developed with industry standard protocols (H.323 and SIP - Session Initiation Protocol) that can handle outbound phone calls from any PC. It has industry standard G.723.1, G.729 and G.711 codecs support and gives ultimate voice quality on any kind of internet connection.

But the problem is that it runs only on Windows Are there similar product that run on linux?

Reply to
mbm

You're probably aware, but I thought it worth a reminder: Most ATAs (analog telephone adapters) support H.323 protocol, and these days with Ebay, they can be had very cheaply. Sometimes in the range of 10 bucks USED. That allows you to go to a Goodwill or Salvation army thrift store, buy a 99cent discarded old fashioned analog phone, and be up and running with your choice of protocols. I have several cordless phones throughout my home all running on one of these ATAs, and I get superb telephone call quality for ALMOST...:-) free. I do pay 99 cents/month to have an IP local incomming phone number, and I pay a penny and half/minute for outgoing calls.

You might REQUIRE a soft phone, and in that case, simply disregard this message....:-)

Reply to
Valentin Guillen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.