Softphone supporting g723

Hi All,

Is there a softphone that supports the g723 codec or the g729 codec. The Xten phone does not seem to support it.

thanks anand

Reply to
anandsekar
Loading thread data ...

I was looking at the adoreinfotech's softphone, however no where on their site they mention the cost of it.

Has anybody used their phone ?

Reply to
anandsekar

Is is possible to use adoreinfotechs softphone with a sipphone account or a fwd account ?

Reply to
anandsekar

I believe that the paid version of XTen uses 729 (and 723) but is no longer sold.

SJlabs softphone supports 729.

formatting link
g723.1 codec
formatting link

Reply to
Pepperoni

SJPhone which i dowloaded from FWD does not have the option of changing codecs, I think 729 is only available in the paid version. I think I have just two options to purchase xten or sjphone. The reason I want

729 or 723 is because I want to use this softphone over a dialup connection. Any idea how g729 performs over a dialup connection ?

thanks anand

Reply to
anandsekar

Thanks a lot ! Would try some tests

Reply to
anandsekar

It only supports SIP. SIP minutes are available from numerous sources. One good site which I sometimes use is

formatting link
help is in the forums.

You will need minutes for use calling PSTN lines. Sipphone acts as your gateway and service provider.

If you use FWD, why not use SJPhone? They have a ready-made FWD profile that will make configuration simple. I use SJPhone with my Vonage account---- no problems, whatsoever. Registration is *FREE*. A screenshot of the Vonaage skin is here:

formatting link
don't know what the FWD skin looks like; the stock skin looks quite plain, but the software functions well.

Reply to
Pepperoni

I have no experience with SIP over dialup. I do feel that voice quality is generally better with the SJ product than using XTen.

The quality of a dialup connection can vary widely. I would suggest that you test voip over dialup to see if it is even workable.

Reply to
Pepperoni

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.