setup 2 SPA-3102 for p2p over LAN

Hello,

I have 2 SPA-3102 units and I am trying to configure them so I can make p2p calls via a private LAN and have analog phones connected to both of them sharing a single POTS (for incoming and outgoing calls) line connnected to only one of them.

Hardware and connection I curently have:

1) Two spa-3102 each with an analog phone connected to them 2) One of the spa-3102 is connected to a POTS phone line 3) Both spa-3102s are connected together via a private wifi LAN

What I would like to be able to use this for:

1) make p2p calls between the two analog phones connected to each spa-3102 kind of like an intercom 2) incoming calls on the POTS line should ring both analog phones on both spa-3102s 3) Both analog phones should be able to make outgoing calls using the single POTS line connected to one of the spa-3102

Before someone asks, the reason for all this is that each spa-3102 is in a separate building that cannot be wired together but they are linked with a wifi network and I want the two building to use the one POTS line available in only one of the buildings and have the possibility to communicate p2p between the two buildings.

I am new to VOIP and have spent a couple of days searching for info/ tutorials on the net but cannot find anything similar to what I want to do. The wizards I found all assume you use a Voip provider in some way.

Any help/pointers tutorial or book references appreciated

Thank You

Patrick Robin

Reply to
circaeng
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Jono

Thank You,

I found this link yesterday evening and it did work and give me item 3 and half of item 2 in my features list above. For those who might try something similar, what gave me the most trouble initialy is that I could not use the SPA-3102 ethernet ports to do this. I had to connect both of them to my LAN using the Internet ports and then I don't use the ethernet ports on the SPA-3102. To me that was counter intuitive.

Patrick Robin

Reply to
circaeng

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.