Seeking simple VOIP program

Hi,

I want a program that, given my IP address and another person's IP address, will let us converse with sound i.e. make a VOIP call. I'd prefer that no 3rd system (server) be involved. We are both using wireless routers.

Is this possible? Is there a program that will allow it?

If a 3rd system must be involved, is there a simple PHP script that could coordinate making the connection?

Thanks.

Reply to
varioustrees
Loading thread data ...

This is typically referred to as click to call functionality

formatting link
Your script would initiate some software like Asterisk to initiate two calls and then connect both channels.

If you have a big volume of calls you need to centrally initiate, drop me a call and I can share some ideas with you.

Reply to
Andy Davidson

How about SpeakFreely?

It's about as basic as VoIP gets, but you can talk, and even use encryption if you want to.

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

If your OS is windows, I suggest you to try miniSipServer and Xten.

miniSipServer is a kind of SIP server and Xten is a kind of SIP client. You can use them to establish your own VOIP network.

:-)

Reply to
Hongtian

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com schrieb:

Any VoIP Program using the SIP protocol is able to do this. The problem is NAT, which is probably made by your router.

You will have to open a port, normally 5060, for the signalling of incoming calls to your PC or phone device.

I prefer SJphone which is freely available for lots of systems.

If you know the IP the only 3rd system necessary is a STUN server which just helps to hold the route open over the NAT.

Then just "dial" the IP-number and it is done. Even commercially available IP-Phones based on the SIP protocol are able to do this. So you even do not need a PC.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Barth

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.