Running a softphone as a "windows service"

Greetings:

Does anyone have experience with any Windows softphone running it as a service using 'srvany.exe' (or other means)? The intent is to permit the softphone to run before user logins and survive logouts and to have GUI and user interaction on the screen.

Especially useful would be descriptions of doing this with X-lite and Firefly. I have not begun experiments yet and hope to gain some insights from others first.

Also, references to other products which may include the option to run as a service would be helpful.

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg
Loading thread data ...

I have not checked Windows version, because I don't use Windows, but I think, either the GTK2 or QT4 client of open source YATE version 2.0.x software could be your best bet (see

formatting link

Reply to
Balwinder S Dheeman

Thanks for your reply; I had not looked at yate in awhile (I run asterisk) but it looks like a fine project. Unfortunately the yate for Windows runs only as an application out of the box.

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

Sorry, somehow a word got deleted from my post: I was writing: 'Unfortunately the yate client for Windows runs only as an application out of the box'.

Michael

Reply to
msg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.