RTP protocol use

I want to use rtp in some very restricted environment with low bandwidth internet line and old PC's, which allows only multicasting from a server to 4 client PC's. Since I want to multicast to 16 PC's simultaneously, I want each client PC(from the above 4 PC's), to run also server rtp software, in order to transmit to another 4 PC's. So every PC should run a client rtp software in one thread and a server rtp software in another thread. of course the 2 threads should cooperate somehow since the incoming packets should be passed from the client thread to the server thread (in addition to the local use of the information). In every such a PC, the incoming packets would be parsed and reconstruct reflecting the source as the current PC, instead of the original server, and than transmitted to other 4 PC's.

Can someone refer to such an architecture?

Regards

Gil

Reply to
Gil
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.