PSTN VOIP adapter AVOID USB powered units the cost of power will eat you

The reliance on USB and computer support of an adapter for voip pstn combining. uses more energy than the : cost of the adapter than the amount you can save on your voip calling plan!

a usb port ad cpu use >420 watts.. fugre out that you pay $0.016 per KWH you pay over one e daollr per day in power more in commercial setting where peak power charges are incurred.

A review suggests how much power is used here.............

formatting link

A non usb pstn voip pstn adapter is located here

formatting link
a video of the operation of the Combine-a-line- (non usb) adapter is here....

View here and now.....

formatting link

Thanks for viewing

Marc

Reply to
LVMarc
Loading thread data ...

huh?

The only way this article makes sense is if the USB powered VoIP adapter uses 420w (And if it does, it will either get turned off, or fry your motherboard, depending on how cheap a motherboard you purchased)

Whether the power comes from a fairly efficient power supply (the one in your computer) or the cheapest brick the Chinese could create doesn't change the amount of energy consumed.

What you need to do is balance the energy lost due to the lack of efficiency of most bricks, vs the amount of additional time your computer will be left on to only service the VoIP adapter.

In a commercial setting, PCs will typically be left on 100% of the time while the employee is close enough to use the VoIP adapter, so there is no loss at all.

I don't have anyone in my life that turns off their PC other then my grandmother. Most have PCs configured to go into low power mode when not in use, so the energy savings is fairly minimal.

Reply to
DevilsPGD

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.