Phone recomendation

My company is looking into voip (we do low volt wiring, and home automation). I've setup an asterisk install in a vm (virtual machine) on one of our computers, and would like to know what the group would recomend for a card for the computer, and a handset (entry level as this is a test bed)

Computer is on the network, and had broadband access.

Is there a FAQ for this group? Or something that would explain things in a nutshell?

Thanks

Reply to
D.R.
Loading thread data ...

Have you researched if additional computer hardware is going to be available via a VM session? You may check into that before investing too much more time.

Thanks, Scott

D.R. wrote: >

Reply to
Scott Moseman

Scott Moseman schrieb:

I think there should be no problem with VMware as long as all hardware interfaces via Ethernet/TCP/IP. Just don't plan on using USB devices or PCI cards! You can easily hook up cheap chinese Ethernet phones like the AT320 (make sure you set up fixed IP numbers or use a DHCP server). If you need PSTN trunk access, there are many options for FXO gateways.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Schneider

Ok. As I understand, the FXO would be the card in the computer? Providing service between the outside and inside?

Yes I am a newb, but would like to have a working grasp of things before deciding to throw team labor at this.

Lets say the Asterisk system is going to be sold to either a small business, or home office solution. Other than the Asterisk box, what is needed?

This is why I asked in the first message what was available for a "dummies" guide or a faq. I know you folks have better things to do than hold hands.

I am greatfull for your time and pointers of course.

Thanks

Reply to
D.R.

I would check out these sites:

formatting link
formatting link
(check their forums, specifically the one for Asterisk)
formatting link
(again, look at the forums)

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.