pbx analog extender

This has probably been covered a million times... I'm (still) looking for a simple and inexpensive device that connects to an analog line off my pbx, and one that connects to a standard analog phone at home.

When I go off hook at home, I should get distant pbx dial tone without a "dial plan". When someone calls the pbx extension, the phone at home should ring. In other words, the setup should function transparently to the user and should not require the use of a server.

Btw... $899 each is a bit over budget! Trying to keep each end to 2-300 or less if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III
Loading thread data ...

You might also look at phonegnome

formatting link
They blend PSTN and VOIP. Not sure if it will do exactly what you're after though.

Reply to
gremln007

Have you looked at the various offerings from

formatting link
? They seem to do that kind of thing, and appear to work well, though I haven't used them personally.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

You should be able to do this with a Sipura 3000 FXO port hooked up to the PBX and one of the FXS only Sipuras on the other end. Go read about the "hotline" feature in the diaplans of the Sipuras. Basically, it just auto-dials to the number (or SIP URI) as soon as the handset is picked up. These can do IP to IP dialing without a SIP server in between. For the incoming calls to route to the remote extension set the FXO port on the SPA 3000 up to forward everything to the other adapter.

This is quite a cheap solution too.

Reply to
B. Wright

Reply to
Pat Coghlan

I think his PBX extension requires an FXS interface, making the solution even cheaper: a pair of SPA-1000

formatting link
or, even better, of PAP2-NA
formatting link
will cost him ~120.

Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli

Thank you for the suggestions... I did look at the ArtDio IPH-102 VoIP FXO FXS Gateway Has anyone used these in an "off prem" type application? I'm just wondering how easy/difficult they are to configure for use in a point to point setup? They run P.MGCP.

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III

Pat, you're wrong. Most Sipuras aren't designed for that, but the SPA-3000 has an FXO port, which is designed to be hooked up to an incoming analog line provided by the telco/pbx. It handles ringing voltage just fine. It also does have an FXS port to hook a handset up to and a hardware relay that shunts the handset to the incoming analog line if the power dies for emergency service even if the VoIP portion of the adapter isn't working. Most of those features aren't too relevant to what the original poster wants to do, but the FXO port is for the pbx end of business.

Reply to
B. Wright

Is that the only reason the FXO port is there, to provide a backup analog shunt if the TA loses power?

Anyway, as you > Pat Coghlan wrote:

Reply to
Pat Coghlan

You use an FXO box to connect to the OP's PBX and hook his remote telephone up to an FXS box. Ignore all the extra ports on any boxes you might use.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

No, you can do a lot of things, like use it as a VoIP->PSTN gateway and the converse a PSTN->VoIP gateway, you can use it as both an analog trunk on an IP PBX, etc...

Yes, with just the SPA-3000 alone, but go back and read what I wrote, I told the guy he'd need something else on the other like an SPA-1001 or similar to run the handset at that end as well.

Reply to
B. Wright

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.