Off-premise PBX extension via IP?

Let's say we have a Panasonic KX-TA824 with KX-T7736 sets. We'd like to move a station to an off-premise location for an employee who will work from home. (Both the office and the employee's home have broadband connections.)

I've looked at a lot of "extenders" that work with analog stations or SLT's. But what we'd like is for the remote worker to have a set with line and station appearances, intercom & call transfer just like the 7736 would have in the office. It doesn't have to be a 7736, but it would have to at least have all the same line/station appearances, intercom functionality and call transfer ability.

Some messages I've seen on the groups have alluded to products that would allow the remote user to just plug in the same model of set at the remote location and have it work as if it were in the office, but no further details are ever given or else the proposed solution is an analog extender for use with a SLT.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Reply to
Kyle
Loading thread data ...

station to

office and the

the remote

proposed solution

Yep, go get a Panasonic NT-136 or the lower priced 265 set, then go out and buy a TDA-100, a VOIP extender card, an 8 port trunk card, an

8 port DHLC card, a 16 port DLC card, and however many 7633 phones over the 8 7736's you have in your office.

The good part is that you have either 24 or 8 programmable buttons in the voip phones.

Geeze, if you want a Panasonic multi-line solution you gotta get the product that accepts multi-line phones.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

station to

office and the

the remote

proposed solution

Kyle, There's a company called MCK Communications that made a box which would "extend" a multi-line station set's proprietary (Lucent & Nortel) interface to the home worker. I don't know if they're still in business, but you might want to Google for them.

My Internet connection for browsing is really running slow, but I did see some results for articles about them.

Zeng

Reply to
Zeng

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.