Newbie to Asterisk some basic questions

I am a newbie to Asterisk, and seek the help of a VOIP/Asterisk guru to help me with the following problem - I would like to use it to set up the following system.

1. 2.
  2. 4. Analog phone -> ATA (e.g., LinkSys PAP2) -> Asterisk->soft and PSTN phones.

First of all, is the above general scheme correct ?

Once the voice data has come into the Asterisk server, how do I now send out to the soft and PSTN phones, specifically, instead of using a VOIP provider to be able to connect to the soft phones after the Asterisk, what if I use a software VOIP server as Brekeke ? Also, what intermediate devices do I need to send the output from the Asterisk to the PSTN phone?

Also, suppose at stage 1., I replace the phone with a voice modem, is there any additional thing that I need to do, before feeding the output to the ATA ?

Any hints/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
cpptutor2000
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.