list of service and mobile pre-numbers in the USA

Hello!

I want to setup a VOIP project in the USA and want to block phone calls to special numbers like expensive service numbers, mobile phone numbers and phone numbers like police and so on. I have no idea how the phone number structure in the US is set up. So I am looking for kind of a list that tells me in which way such numbers can be checked by a script so that only "normal" phone numbers can be called.

Best regards Marc

Reply to
berlacher
Loading thread data ...

Our system doesn't work that way. The caller pays for calls into XXX-976 numbers, but I think they only work in your home area code. With the exception of a specific 800 numbers calls to toll-free numbers are free, and except for a Carribean code, calls to area codes are billed at the same rate. If you call a cell phone, the called number pays airtime and the caller only has to pay if it is long distance.

As far as police, you can randomly dial the 10-digit number associated with 911 in our exchange...well sort of, but you'd have to know all the trunk numbers to block them.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Hi Marc,

I suggest you to try miniSipServer(MSS) which is a SIP server for windows. You can use miniSipServer to connect to your carriers and register your SIP phones/clients to MSS.

In MSS, you can configure dialing plan to block special service numbers, and more, it provides a feature 'system blacklist', it can also help you to block calls.

Have a try.

B.R. Hongtian

Reply to
Hongtian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.