[Linksys 3102/Axon PBX] Rewriting CID on the fly?

Hello

I use those two pieces of technology, and I need to rewrite caller ID information on the fly: Some customers don't have names that are descriptive enough in their Name section of CID (eg. "Mc Donald's"), so I would need to...

1. look up the CID number in a database
  2. fetch the city this customer is located
  3. rewrite the CID Name from "McDonald's" to "McDonald's 78th St"
  4. Have this SIP packet be sent to either the Axon PBX software, or to all the clients that are part of the ring group.

Does anyone have an idea how I could do that, either on the Linksys or the Axon side? Unfortunately, Axon is a closed-source software, so I can't really do much on that end.

I was thinking maybe of having some kind of proxy that would parse and rewrite data between the Linksys and the Axon. What do you think?

Thank you.

Reply to
Vincent Delporte
Loading thread data ...

I think you should replace the Axon PBX with Asterisk. Come on, closed source is sooooo 20th Century! ;-) Then, you'll be able to use the service

formatting link
through the AGI script at
formatting link
. See also:
formatting link

Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli

Right, but I was up and running within... 3 minutes :-)

Yup, looks like I'll need to add a Linux host to run Asterisk.

Thanks.

Reply to
Vincent Delporte

If you want to avoid the complexity of setting up a Linux box, I recommend you to check out Astlinux

formatting link
formatting link
). It's a complete distribution that can also boot up from a CD or flash memory (including most USB thumbdrives) and save its settings to a disk partition, possibly on USB thumbdrive. It also has a simple web interface that suffices for most configuration tasks.

Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli

Thanks. I'll check it out, in addition to alternatives like sipXPBX, Yate, and FreeSwitch.

Reply to
Vincent Delporte

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.