Internet Phone Company Halts Operations

Loading thread data ...

I have been reading this all over the news also, but the web site says nothing and still allows people to sign up.

formatting link

Reply to
GeekBoy

It's a real bummer - Anyone use Skype Out unlimited - at $30 a year, is is almost as good as the $200 a year/up VOIP guys?

Reply to
Tom Malcolm

Thanks, I can't find any other options or features beyond Packet8, and Trend Micro PC-Cillin says Lingo is a dangerous site ;)

Reply to
Tom Malcolm

It seems ViaTalk is a good choice too...

Reply to
Tom Malcolm

I've used Cordia for a couple of years, I'm on the 9.95 a month plan and I've been satisfied, I'm on cable modem FWIW. Also I'm not a shill for Cordia. I started with them because at the time Vonage wasn't offered in my area code. I don't use my phone much but so far Cordia has been OK. A couple of problems with billing and we got that straightened out, and all in all it gets the job done. Voice quality is good, very good. I see they have a special for SunRocket members. You decide for yourself. Hell, now that I think of it, I ought to call them and see if I can get a commission. What the hell, I've been satisfied enough with them to recommend them and I can't say that about Tiger Direct, a couple of credit card companies, Red Lobster, and many other places with which I do business. Oh yea, when the cable is dead, the phone is dead! 911 costs extra, there is some kind of federal tax that adds 50 cents to the bill and runs the bill up to, hummm just looked at my bill, looks like I'm on a 14.95/month plan with the fed tax it comes to

16.45 a month. I'd better check into this.
formatting link
Reply to
Moe

I mean you can call more places for the included price, and it offers more numbers from the US and other coutries.

>
Reply to
GeekBoy

Oh, it was offered, you just had to know how to get around it.

Reply to
GeekBoy

I was on it, I don't check the bill very often, and I'm not sure I didn't up the minutes because I ran over? Whatever, it's a hassle to cut and paste into excel to check the minutes, I guess I'm getting old. Doesn't seem worth the bother but I might get around to doing it, after I get the yard mowed. Another pain in arse type thing. Life used to be simpler when I was charged 17 cents a minute to call a town

11 miles away because it was on a different phone service. Phone bills used to run 90 bucks a months back in those days sometimes 150 a month. Time money, nickels dimes. This isn't getting the yard mowed.
Reply to
Moe

Thanks for your suggestions gang - I need to call Asian countries like the Philippines for a low minute rate - and Packet8 seems to fit tha bill best of all the sites mentioned in this thread. thanks.

Reply to
Tom Malcolm

You may want to look at inPhonex.com then.

It has many unlimited calling plans.

Reply to
GeekBoy

I signed up with Packet8, as it seemed to fit my needs best, will post a review here soon.

Reply to
Tom Malcolm

Got my Packet8 phone thing, plugged it in, got my activation code - as good as Sunrocket was - only thing is you have to dial 1 first when doing long distance. SunRocket let you skip that. So far, so good! Their web site is pretty easy to figure out, and they did answer the support phone.

Reply to
Tom Malcolm

With a hindu accient?

Reply to
GeekBoy

No, with an American accent...

Reply to
Tom Malcolm

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.