how to set up IP-PBX

I want to set up an IP-PBX.I have two desk top computers and a laptop,plus several jacks wired for network.I've been looking all over the internet for some answers,but I just can't get the answer I'm looking for.Plenty of software,hardware sites,but so far I have not seen any pictures showing the physical hook up of all the componets.You use a spare computer as the IP=PBX server ok fine now how you hook up this server to my existing network set up.I have a switch,and a router,I don't want VOIP for now just the PBX part.Anybody can tell me what kind of equipment I need,and how to hook the whole thing up. I have ten jacks wired up.Thanks

Reply to
Jack Nivak
Loading thread data ...

Maybe you can refer to following URL.

formatting link
:-)

Reply to
Hongtian

Hongtian pretended :

Thanks for your reply,this URL helped a little but as usual,they don't show the physical parts and how they are connected together.For example if you have a switch for the existing network how do you connect it to the server,there must be some kind of interface that connects the existing network to the PBX server.Thanks

Reply to
Jack Nivak

Hongtian pretended :

Thanks for your reply,this URL helped a little but as usual,they don't show the physical parts and how they are connected together.For example if you have a switch for the existing network how do you connect it to the server,there must be some kind of interface that connects the existing network to the PBX server.Thanks

Reply to
Jack Nivak

Hongtian pretended :

Reply to
Jack Nivak

Which makes me think you are not ready for an IP phone sytsem.

Try this and the associated links:

formatting link
The key is a 4-line gateway. You buy as many phones as you need.

Carl Navarro

>
Reply to
Carl Navarro

formatting link
formatting link

All the above is Linux and OSS based. If you go with Windows, I (we all?) hope your system crashes and burns. :-)

-Ramon

Reply to
Ramon F Herrera

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.