How do i reset a Mitel IP phone to Factory Defaults

Hi

I have several Mitel IP phones that i need to reset to their factory defaults. Do anyone know what is the process for doing this?

Rgds

Phil

Reply to
Big Phil
Loading thread data ...

Depends somewhat on the model of phone Try rebooting with the star (*) key held down (until it tells you to release it).

If you've corrupted the flash, the phone is toast & will either have to be returned to the mfr or tossed in the trash. Given the hassle of getting an RMA it's sometimes less frustrating just to toss it. Factory repair is going to cost at least half the cost of a replacement + shipping.

----== Posted via Pronews.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==----

formatting link
The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Mitel Lurker <wdg

On Mar 13, 12:18=A0am, Mitel Lurker In article

ews=3D=3D----

formatting link
#1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >1=

00,000 Newsgroups

Hi, I tried this, holding the star key down erases the PIN only. Looks like the flash could be toast.... oh well....

Thanks

Reply to
Big Phil

Phil,

Hold down the # key while rebooting. Follow the prompts - answer no to the view questions and yes to change. One of the prompts will be to press 0 to factory reset.

-Chuck

Reply to
chuck.corbin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.