Help me connect a VOIP phone to my Nortel PBX

I have a Nortel Meridian PBX. I am looking for an inexpensive way to connect something (VOIP gateway?) to an analog port that will connect over IP to a VOIP phone on my newtork. So if I pick up the VOIP phone, it will "pick up" the analog line on my PBX and I can make a call.

This is to allow me to put phones in remote trailers where I have ethernet, but no telephone cabling.

What route should I pursue?

Thanks, Dean

Reply to
deanwissing
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like you want this:

[analog PBX port]--[adapter]--(IP WAN)--[adapter]--[analog phone]

I don't think you can use the WAN to emulate the analog loop to the PBX port this way.

In the VoIP world, you typically connect your analog phone to a VoIP gateway, which in turn signals to a server using the SIP protocol. That server itself, or another server in the WAN, will have a trunk to the network where your destination analog phone resides.

The trunks to the dest> I have a Nortel Meridian PBX. I am looking for an inexpensive way to

Reply to
Pat Coghlan

Dean,

You might look at this vendor:

formatting link
Take note of the case "PBX extension". I *think* this is what you're after.

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.