Help for a Newbie

Hi There

I need some help with voip......... I've been using 1899.com seeing as its free for uk phone calls. It's an adequate service not quite as good as normal phone though.

I share a broard band connection with 4 others and we all have our own telephone lines as well at the moment the service is 512 but I want to change to a 2Meg service. (we live in a block of flats and I set up an ethernet router.... BTW we are all over 65 and not greatly switched on to modern technology)

Reply to
Belzie
Loading thread data ...

Belzie:

If your ISP doesn't provide it at reasonable cost, you may want to consider switching Plus.net BB Plus at £14.99 for 2Mb/s (you may can wait for your exchange to be upgraded FOC if you don't want to pay £14.99 for speed upgrade NOW). There are no download limits, but they will slow down P2P downloads at busy times, that should not affect you, nor VoIP. If you decide to join them please use my ID: wester as a referrer, thanks, regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.