Grandstream GXP 2000 VIOP Phone.

Hi, I'm not a techno geek, but when I see a product advertised as Plug and Play it does give me some encouragement to go forward. I thought Internet telephony would be the ideal solution for my business. Well I purchased a G S 2000, a total load of crap, my PC would not link up to the phone, Grandsteam were insolent in there replies to my questions, and I suspected they knew they had a serious product problem. Well I binned the old G S and brought a new one from a company that promised that the phone would be configured to my SIP account, well if these guys are going to configure the phone it's got to be working on arrival. Dead as a dammed doornail. I've seen a piece of wet lettuce with more life in it than this stupid phone has. I have now read to many complaints to think any different, they are a total bag of CRAP. I hope this posting will save someone the time, heartache and trouble in kicking this piece of hardware around in the vain hope that it may one day work for them and that Grandstream as seriously taken to task over their deplorable product. CameraFish.

Reply to
CameraFish
Loading thread data ...
[rant snipped]

Strange, I know several people (one of whom works for a major VoIP provider) who use GXP2000's with no problems at all. Is it possible you've made a configuration error or two..?

Personally, I prefer ATA's with FXS ports as I can plumb them into exchange line ports on my PBX but horses for courses.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Hi Ivor, I think you missed the point by a mile. Regards, CameraFish

Reply to
CameraFish

I have been using GXP 2000 for about one year and I'm very satisfied with it. It's best buy VoIP phone for sure

Marko

Reply to
C:Marko

CF, I know what you mean - SIP for the average joe isn't here yet, unless you go with one of the major carriers (Vonage, USA Datanet, AT&T, various CATV providers, etc.). Of course, you're locked into their limited endpoint offerings (typically an analog only IAD). I've been evaluating a few SIP phones, and *none* of them are PnP. The irony is that the buzz tells us otherwise; VoIP is the next big thing, it's platform independent, etc. (about 80% true; it depends on what hardware/software you happen to get). Maybe in another 5 years...

Reply to
Cap

It can be plug and play if you have a decent service provider. For example, my first provider sent an SPA-1000 to me fully configured. You can't get much easier than plugging in a LAN cable and plugging in an analog phone.

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts
[snip]

So enlighten me. All I saw was a rant about a particular piece of equipment that, while I have no personal knowledge of it, has worked fine for several people I know who do use it.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.