FXO-FXS transparent VoIP for KSU extensions?

I have a couple of offices with KSUs (Nortel Norstar) which have some analog extns on them..I want to remote these analog extns to distant remote offices over our internal intranet (all fixed IP in the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx range). Is there ANYONE who makes a simple FXO and FXS combo that can make it operate transparently (NO extra dialed digits, etc!)? I want the remote user to be able to pick up their phone and dial as if they were local to the KSU (extn or access code, etc) and get audible feedback from the KSU (dialtone, ringtone, etc).....AND if the extns are rung by a caller, the remote phone rings without the caller having to overdial anything! (bascially I need a VoIP connection that emulates a FXS-FXO analog connection...without the 2600 Hz SF :) If anyone knows of such a box, please let me know......otherwise, whats the best way to do it with what is out there now? Would I need to install a signaling server at the KSUs and have the FXO and FXS modules talk to the server (I would like to NOT use a server if possible but..........) using SIP or H323 or ??????? I have dealt with VoIP before but only one the remote end (installed Cisco 2400 series for a VoIP provider).....but this project is a bit different....oh btw I will need 1-2 FXS at the remote ends and preferably 4-6 FXOs at the KSU end to handle the remote sites..

Thanks! Chris

Reply to
CWB
Loading thread data ...

A pair of Sipura SPA-3000s should do the triick. Each unit has one FXO and one FXS port.

I don't know anything about Norstar PBXs, but I have used these units with Avaya Partner ACS PBXs in a similar configuration, and they work great.

Mike Schumann

Reply to
Mike Schumann

As long as I can put an analog phone on one end and the other box goes to an analog port on the switch, thats all I need....I take it there is no extra digits to dial, etc??? The Partner is a KSU similar to the Norstar....(I have a few of them in service as well....along with a Legend switch too)

Tnx! Chris

Reply to
CWB

Try to look at digium site

formatting link

I think they have something You will find appropriate

Marko

Reply to
C:\Marko

No, they do not.......they only offer equipment that works with Asterisk PBX... That is not what I am looking for.

Chris

Reply to
CWB

The advantage of the Sipura's is the tremendous flexibility that you have in programming the dial plan for each port. That has however the downside of complexity. If you know how to read a manual, and you are familiar with setting up PBXs, you shouldn't have a problem.

Note however, that Sipura's business model is to sell units in large volume to VOIP service providers. As a result, end user support is virtually non-existant, except for the excellent user to user forum on Voxilla.com.

Good luck, Mike Schumann

Reply to
Mike Schumann

Hi, You can go in for Asterisk based PBX connecting the two or more office.Other simple options is to go in for 4 port Analogue GWs like Quintum and connect the phones.

appan kh Voice snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk.

CWB wrote:

range). Is

Reply to
appan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.