free VOIP? or close to it?

what is the cheapest way to do VOIP between business offices with outside call possibility a plus but not required?

Reply to
Mostro
Loading thread data ...

You didn't mention anything about the size of the installation. If you just need a handful of phones I'd get a bunch of Grandstream Budgetone 100's (they are $50-$60 mailorder) and sign up for Pulver's free FreeWorldDial

formatting link
As you grow past a few phones, I'd consider running the SIP server yourself.

-wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht

The cheapest deal I have seen for what you might want is

formatting link
in that they have a free phone number that are local USA and UK exchanges. AND you can use a Analog Telephone adapter, a Softphone, and they have a Bridge that will even allow you to use VOIP on your cell phone or regular phone.

The incoming calls are free and so is voice mail. There is even a $5 out calling credit to give the thing a try on their dime. Calling costs can be done by the minute or on an unlimited plan.

I was on a per minute plan and was calling the UK for under 1 cent a minute. Now I am on the GLOBAL plan for $25 a month.

Give it a try.

Reply to
ken sims

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.